Tuesday, October 25, 2011

It's a family tradition

Thinking back to my childhood, I can remember we had so many family traditions. Most of these things were simple ordinary things that we would do every year, but they created precious childhood memories for my brother and I. I can still remember our Christmas tradition of picking out our REAL Christmas tree at the nursery, then going home and decorating it as a family while singing "Christmas tree oh Christmas tree". We would pull out each ordainment out of an old dusty box from the garage, and carefully place it on the tree admiring how beautiful it was becoming. That is one of my favorite childhood memories. I can't even began to tell you how grateful I am to my parents for creating such a tradition. That's not all either! We would go camping every memorial weekend, Fishing at woodlawn lake like during the summer, Cooking hot dogs and smores on the chiminah on cold nights listening to classic rock, walking around the block looking at Christmas lights every season, and much much more.


I hope to pass all of these traditions down to Brandon as he grows. Just the other day we took him fishing at woodlawn lake and he caught 10 fish. It was amazing to pass this down to him. I remember how much fun I used to have fishing at that same lake in my younger years. 
I defiantly plan to have him help set up the Christmas tree this year, now that he is a little older. I'm so looking forward to sharing some of my childhood joy with him!

Sadly family traditions are slowly dying out. Don't let that happen. I challenge all of you parents out there to come up with some of your own traditions this year. Be creative and have fun. Your child will Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment