Friday, October 14, 2011

One day remembered.

My everyday morning routine usually goes something like this...
1. Wake Up Brandon's jumping on my bed, pulling my hair while screaming "MAMA! Wake UPPPP" over and over and over!
2. I finally drag my sleepy body off the bed, and make Brandon something to eat. Usually cheerios or something simple because he isn't big on breakfast.
3. After all that is done I'll turn the TV on KLRN so he can watch his favorite morning cartoons while i wake up and get ready, I usually check my Facebook and surf the web a little while during this time. It helps my mind wake up.

Well in the short while I was surfing the web I came across an important question that stood out to me. It kept popping up in my head so I figured it must be a "hmm maybe I should blog about this" kind of moment. The question read: What is one thing that happened today, that you really want to remember 10 years from now?

At first glance, my mind started thinking. What's so special about today? It's boring. I'm sitting here tired as hell from being woke up at the crack of dawn every morning. Nothing interesting at all is going on today that I want to remember in 10 years from now. Then , BAM, It hit me like a ton of bricks. There is tons of stuff I want to remember about today! What was I thinking?Yeah, sure, it's a typical boring day right? But when you think about it, is it really that boring? 

There is tons of stuff i want to remember about to day, like the way I felt when Brandon crawled into bed with me when his daddy left for work this morning. His little body so warm and sweet next to mine as we cuddled. In 10 years from now those moments will be over. Brandon will be a 12 year old boy, to big for mama to cuddle in bed with. No longer will be seek the warmth and safety of my bed. So I'll enjoy it now.

I want to remember they way it sounded when he jumped out of my bed this morning and his feet make little stomping noises as he walked around the house in search for something to do while I laid sleeping in bed. Even though I dreaded waking up, one day those little footsteps will be absent, and the house will be quiet. Surely I will miss them! So I'll enjoy them now.

I will remember the way he woke me up. Jumping on my bed, yanking on my hair. Yelling "MAMA Wake UP" Even though I was so tired and could of used another 3 hours of sleep, one day I will wish those days never came to an end. Because ten years from now, no one will be waking me up. In fact I will be struggling to wake HIM up to get him to school on time. So I'll enjoy it now.

In 10 years I will remember the way he begged and pleaded for me to peel him an orange. How I was so annoyed when I went through the trouble to peel it for him and by the time I finished he didn't even want it anymore. In 10 years from now...He won't be asking for my help at all. He will be independent. And perfectly capable of peeling his own orange. So I'll enjoy it now.

I will remember the way he nagged and nagged to bring out his train set, even though I was reluctant because I had just cleaned the house. How when I did finally bring it out, he scattered the pieces all over the floor and erased all traces of a clean room. In 10 years, The house will be empty. No train sets, no little boy to ask for peeled fruits, no more wake up calls, no more foot steps, just a boy who is more interested in going out with his friends to the movies than staying home with his "boring" old parents. So I enjoy it now.

Let this be a lesson to me and anyone reading this. There is no such thing as a boring day with our children. One day, they will spread their wings and leave our nest. One day we will truly miss how they used to annoy us and make us angry. Spend all the time you can with them now, because that clock is ticking, and it never stops. Enjoy everything now.

Did you enjoy this story? Please give me some feedback. It only takes a second to hit the like button

No comments:

Post a Comment